The go-to place in downtown Farmington!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Meet Rebecca

Rebecca Close
Photo by Thea Sayward

On one of your recent visits, you have my have had the pleasure of having this sweet and lively young woman as your server. 
Her name is Rebecca Close, an 18 year-old student at Montserrat College of Art, who is studying photography and art history. Her future plans include volunteering in Guatemala to help low income children stay in school and learn English.
Getting to know her...

What is your favorite Homestead meal? 
"I love the lamb gyros! I go to college in a town with a lot of Greek influence so I ate a lot of Greek food including gyros. I love the harissa sauce that Chef Nick puts on the Homestead lamb gyro- it's the perfect extra touch!"

What do you do when you're not serving?
"I am an avid hiker- my favorite hike is the loop trail on top of Tumbledown."

What is your favorite part about working at the Homestead? 
"I love being able to meet people everyday and to get to hear stories from all of my customers!"

What is a special talent that you have? 
"I play traditional Irish folk music on my fiddle."